Tuesday 25 March 2014

Amazing Grace †

Peace Haven xoxo

Hey guys! I would apologize for the long respite of blogging. I've actually written a draft and it has been neglected there for a few weeks. Anyways, today I'm going to share with all of you about my March Retreat with the TTDI youths:)

Everyone is familiar with me going to the camp. The reason why I recruited as a member of the camp is chiefly because I was really in solicitous of seeking Jesus's help. For the past few months I had been assailed and dross in depression. I thought I would acclimatise this darkness but I was wrong. I couldn't even inure to the sight of me being encumbered in the navy of depression. Therefore I decided to seek for Jesus. Eventually, He is right. If you've faith in Jesus, His love will heal anything demonic.

The camp was held at Peace Haven, Genting. I would like to emphasize the word 'haven', because it is a haven. It's spacious, serves delicious food, provides clean toilets and most importantly it has a free Wi-Fi connection! Funnily we went there by cars. I was in the same car as the speaker(Uncle Kaet San), my 2 friends. Surprisingly, I wasn't asleep in the car. I appeared to be having scintillating conversation with the people in the car. We had reached our destination by 11.00am.

When I trod on Genting's road, I could see mists. It was a cloudy and misty day in Genting. As usual, we were all gathered in the lobby to do carry out the 'ice breaker' activity. I know all of you cringed when you stumble upon that game. You must be thinking, 'great, here comes the lamest and stupidest game.' THAT WAS WHAT I LITERALLY THOUGHT ABOUT. On the contrary, the ice breaker in my church is completely different than the one we always do in school. Basically you have to say 3 statements out loud to everyone else. Out of these 3 statements only 2 are true. The 2 people who are standing next to you will have to guess which one is the incorrect one. "I like sleeping. I like eating and I like jogging." These were the 3 statements that I conjectured. Idk why my statements were the first one among the 3 friends who had made them cracked into laughters. They were startled by the fact that I don't like eating but enjoy jogging. That cycle went on and it got funnier and funnier. After the ice breaker everyone somehow started approaching me especially the guys ORZ. Then we were all assigned to our rooms respectively.

After having our lunch we had a game to play. It was a maze. Each game there will be 4-5ppl entering the maze. While I was waiting for my turn, some guys came and sat next to me. I was rather nettled by one of the guys in church as he was budging his butt to me. Do you know how annoying to have a stranger doing that to you? Clippers… Anyways it was finally my turn to play! Basically there were strings connected to each stacks of chairs. You have to follow the string's path to find your exit. You''re blindfolded in the game. Grace(my chuch friend) she spun each and everyone of us before we started. I wended my way to the exit. I splashed on an aluminum foil of water then I yelled 'ohmygoodness! Ewww' When I was gripping the strings somehow the strings were applied with glue! "Congratulations KahMun, you've reached your exit." When I took off my blindfold, what an astonishment that I was the first one to reach! I was overjoyed!! When everyone had participated in the game, Daryl(the full-time church committee) explained the aim of the game. Basically there were 2 exists in the room. One exist is on the left which might have blighted you to hell and the other one is located on the right which might have rendered you to the Lord. Surprisingly, I ended up going to heaven! Hahaha. Why? Because the way to Lord's heaven is a path embeded with arduous and onerous hindrance. I don't think any of you would fathom this so I should stop explaining lol. Then we had our 1st session with the speaker that is about Conviction. Honestly, I had only been heeded to his attention for 20 minutes then the rest the clouds in my mind were scudded to some place else. After having our dinner we had our 2nd session fondly known as "Commitment". And again I hadn't been paying attention to it all. In fact, I rested my eyes when listening to the speaker. I know I shouldn't be doing this but I just couldn't help it. Then we were scattered to our groups to have a discussion about the particular topic. The only thing that I remembered sharing is about 'hatred'. I told them briefly about the 2 people that I have resentments towards to. I didn't know why I'd blab out such top secret but still I felt relieved to be able to share it out. Here comes the fun part: My group members left to their rooms and I was sitting on the couch surfing the net. Then, one of the twins, Colin, he came down with his tab. The awkwardness that pervaded around us was extremely overwhelming. We were staring at our electronic devices for quite some time and then he finally made the first up and started the conversation. Believe it or not I actually told him about the girl I hated. He asked for her name and I got scared for 1sec when he said he thinks he knows her. I was like 'whaaaat.' When we were talking gleefully all of the sudden, 2 of his friends, his brother and the boy from chong hwa came down. They ralked so loudly and ignored my existence. I sunk into the phone talking to Yinfun. Seriously girl, thank you so much for talking to me during the camp! Idk what to do if you weren't talking to me. Then the boys started talking to me. Yes I was the only girl in the lobby. After that, me, Colin, Craig and Rui Xian went for supper together. Hmm.

The ritual ceremonies went on. Today I did something that I've never done before-meditation. Christian meditation is totally different than the other religion's meditation. It's the time where we talk, think and spend time with God. It was a ravishing and relishing experience. If you guys are interested of how Christian meditates do look for me! I'd be more than happy to recount my experience! In the late afternoon after our photo session, we had a game called 'Captain Ball.' Basically captain ball is a combination of netball(bola jaring) and basketball. Everyone in church had been desiring me to join the game especially Rui Xian. He made me promise to join the game! I had tones of fun during the game and guess what? Everyone was startled by my shooting skills:p The way I shot is exactly the same way as a basketball player shots. Everyone was totally amazed muahaha. "Good job KahMun! Nice shot KahMun!" Then we had our dinner together. After the praise and worship, we had our 4th session:Conflicts. When the speaker ended the speech, one of my youths shredded into tears. Perhaps due to the family conflicts he's stumbling upon currently. As usual, we discussed our topic at the lobby. One of my members which is also my closest friend in church welled in tears as she talked about her grandparents. That moment I felt gratitude having such divine family members. And again, I brought the conflicts between me and her. This time, I commenced of telling more and more about myself. After that, I stayed at the lobby and again Colin, Craig, Rui Xian and some other ppl dropped by. They kept passing comments on my being awkward and quiet. I snorted every time they said so. We chatted until 12.00am and we decided to head to our dorms and all of the sudden they invited me to their dorm for a little chit chat. Back then I didn't think of "anything" because we Christians believe that we're all brothers and sisters in Christ. They thought Francine(my church girl friend) would show up but then eventually I ended up as the only girl in the room. The atmosphere was rather eerie because we didn't know each other well. We played poker on the bed and Craig was teaching me how to play. I bet he was annoyed by my obtuse learning. We chatted until late 1.30am. When I went back to my dorm, my roommates were fast asleep. I felt great but bad at the same time. I felt great because I got to hang out with the guys until late 1.30am which was unprecedented. At the same I felt bad because I didn't get to sit down and have a heart-to-heart talk with my roommates. Overall, I did have fun. Hehe

The next morning, when we were having our final session:Continuity. I literally dozed off when the speaking was droning on and apparently I wasn't the only one. I felt great when Craig sat next to me. He helped me with my bible as I had difficulties finding the chapters in the Bible lol. At 12.00pm we checked out of the dorms and waiting for our ride. While we were waiting, I was again buried myself in my phone and Colin showed up with his ear on the earphone. "What are you listening to?" I asked. Normal guys will be like: Oh it's *the name of the song. BUT Christian boys will not say a word and terus took off his other earphone to your ear. That was what Colin did. I was really shocked. The. Song he was listening was John Mayer's. One of my favourite male singers. "Friends,Lovers or Nothing" that's the song we were listening to. I downloaded it lol. I MEANT NO OTHER INTENTIONS YO. So yeah then we departed to home. Then when I had arrived at the door's of my home sweet home there was a new family member welcomed me-IPAD MINI! Yes, my dad bought me an Ipad mini as my achievement in Pmr even though the results didn't turn out the way I expected.

I really had a flourishing and marvellous time in church camp. People started heeding my attention, caring and tendering for my existence. The resentments that I have towards Samantha has subsided but Yennyi's I have to say no. I still have hatred towards her. I pray to Lord that He would give me His strength and love to conquer the resentments that I have towards not only her but everyone else. Thank you Lord for rendering me such a divine life here on earth. Amen!


 
Extras: -I went swimming with Karen and JingLin on 28/3/14. It was a stupendous and deranged     swim with them. We'll have a sleepover party soon. I vow that. ♥
 
- I made a YouTube video with Xiupei. We're not only Workout partners but we're also YouTube Video partners. We clatter and rant in Cantonese and we both enjoy doing make-ups. ♥
 
- Throughout this holiday, the only person that I miss is YinFun. I miss fangirling with her, laughing ludicrously with her. Also thank you for talking to me on Line when I was submerged in the air of awkwardness during camp. xoxo
 
 
My favourite photo ♥
Credits to the fabulous Kah Mun