Sunday 27 August 2017

Summer Holiday 2017: Hong Kong

4 months ago, Cathay Pacific held major promotion on its flight to Hong Kong for lowest fare at 650 MYR. In the encumbrance and perpetual A2 stress, I decided to buy myself a return ticket to HK even though I have been there twice. I decided to travel immediately a day after the A2 massacre; thinking I could free my mind from all the emotional and mental stress that I have endured during the past 1.5 years. I was really excited to travel. Well, I spoke too soon- It was definitely a huge rush for me to travel immediately because I didn't have sufficient time to research and plan on my itinerary. I was wrong thinking of doing all these travel plans at the very last minute. Needless to say, I was immensely and eternally blessed and gratified of having to travel and foster under my dearest cousin.

KLIA DEPARTURE: 

HONG KONG DAY 1

Arrived in Hong Kong International Airport - Boy, look at the crowd. 
My cousin picked me up from the airport and we took Express Airport Terminal back to her home in 45 minutes. So convenient with their public transport.

Arrived in Sau Kei Wan station!
Arrived in Sau Kei Wan Station! It was sweltering hot ๐Ÿ”ฅ


First Meal in Hong Kong. Ah the taste of grandma's home made dish ๐Ÿ˜‹

The view from my cousin's place. Serenely beautiful. 

The
In the evening, we went for a walk around her condo. So breathtaking. I was eternally grateful to be here. Being able to witness and experience Hong Kong in a less hustle city lifestyle is what truly appreciates. 

Hong Kong Day 2: 

Both my cousin and I are relatively athletic and adventurous girls so we opted for a hike at Dragon's Back. Let me just say- HOW EASY AND EFFORTLESS WAS THAT HIKE. Despite that, we were still greeted with a pananorma of beauty and tranquility. In the midsf of hustle and bustle of the city in Hong Kong, Mother Nature still stretches its charm.







I took this photo when I was basking on the rocks at the top of the mountain. I screamed on top of my lungs: joy, sorrow, misery, pain, they were all audibly dispensing to this vast land. The view was so magnificent and at one point I thought I was on cloud nine.
Hong Kong Day 3: 
This was the day where I finally got to meet my cousin's pretty Japanese friend, Rei. Hey Rei, if you're reading this just to let you know that you've been an amazing friend to hang out with and I hope to see you soon!

The iconic Victoria's Harbour


We were trying to figure out what pose should we do for that camera ๐Ÿ˜‚


Mong Kok street

// I experienced my very first typhoon in my life and I was strangely beyond excited. Everyone was dreading over its monstrous lash on the ground but your girl here was beaming broadly throughout the typhoon. There was a wave of ferocious gale slapping against my face and my hair was blown all over my face. My cousin and I were being rebellious; not heeding the security guards' warnings about venturing outside: As I struggle to trudge my way out to the gym, the gale was extremely at its call and I could literally feel like I was being able to blow away. It was a massive gale and what a night man. I was glad that we got to stay cosy at my cousin's place while my uncle cooked some scrumptiously warm meal to fuel us up. 

Hong Kong Day 4: Stanley Beach
As the pictures display, despite white and fluffy clouds hanging on the sky, the sun was still scorching ablaze my skin. Yes, your girl is obsessed with summer apparels but is afraid of the sun. The beach is nothing spectacular and the sand is coarse. Despite that, my cousin and I still had a blast ๐Ÿ˜‰ 




We headed over to a exorbitantly expensive restaurant for lunch in Stanley. I ordered steamed pumpkin quinoa with chopped cilantro and cranberries for a gist of health. HA

For tea time, my cousin and I took the bus from Stanley Beach to Central to travel as a typical Hong Kong citizen by having our tea time at this dingy stall for its famous pork chop bun. Well as you can tell from the picture, it doesn't look appetising at all. In fact, it was just a sad little poek chop bun. Sigh, we wasted 70HKD for that fallacy. 


Here we have my cutie pie Tricia! Ain't she cute ❤️; my cousin then took us another treat of ice cream to make up the strain and wreckage we just sustained back in that dingy pathetic restaurant. As you can tell from our ecstatic facial expression, everyone was beaming at the camera because the ice cream was absolutely delicious. It was like a party in my tongue! All the flavour were well balanced and thus happiness radiated undoubtedly. 

Hong Kong Day 5: Ocean Park

One of my favourite theme park with one my most of VIP I've ever needed. 

Hong Kong Day 6: Food Haven
I didn't do much on Day 6 except shopping for souvenirs so the title was used as a section where I lay out all the foods I've had and taken photos of in Hong Kong. Dim sums, bubble tea, Wanton mee, pork chop buns are Hong Kong's delights. Without a doubt, I had to try them before I left. Here we have a gallery of Kah Mun gobbling and swooning over Hong Kong's gastronomy ๐Ÿ˜›

This was the Typhoon night where my uncle made us warm and cosy dinner ๐Ÿ˜›

Wanton Mee @ Chee Kei in Causeway Bay

This egg waffle was definitely one of the best I've ever had and thank you Rei for the recommendation! 

My greatest grin that broadened my mouth when my eyes were feasted upon dishes upon dishes of scrumptious dim sum ๐Ÿ˜‹ 

What a feast!

Hong Kong Day 7: Last Day 
This was my last day in Hong Kong. It was as though a ton of dead weight being landed on my feet, I couldn't move nor trudge my way: this is already my third time visiting this piece of modernity. Each time I came, it left me with different feeling. This time, I felt extremely calm and serene, as I was being shunted away from the hustle and bustle of the city, the blaring sound of honks from the crossed vehicle drivers, the sardine-packed crowd at the MTR station, the gaggle and babble of living. Most importantly, this time, I learnt to appreciate and love what I have in the present: I've met 3 incredible friends of my cousin and we laughed and hanged around as though we have met for year. This has made me realised that I am living in the present, not the past nor future. The present is what it is. Thank you Hong Kong, for everything. I'll come back to you soon. Till then.